Centreline Design is looking for a Product Designer to join our friendly, multidisciplinary team to work on a diverse range of projects, from conceptual consumer products to engineering medical devices, through to graphic design and packaging.
The successful applicant will be educated to degree level in Product Design and has experience working within a design team. An impressive portfolio is key, we will be looking for examples of sketching, concept work, advanced 3D modelling, engineering, 3D visualisation and graphic design.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Research, design, develop and engineer products over a range of product disciplines.
- Work on both individual and team projects.
- Work within defined deadlines.
- Manage design projects from start to completion.
- Liaise with manufacturers.
- Liaise with clients throughout the design process.
Key skills and experience
- Qualified to degree level 1st or 2:1 in Product Design.
- Specific experience working within a product design team.
- Skilled user of Adobe Photoshop for post processing and 2D concept creation.
- Advanced 3D modelling skills using Solidworks.
- Great visual presentation skills.
- A thorough understanding of design for manufacture with experience of taking products from concept to production.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Great organisation and attention to detail.
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary design team on a wide range of briefs.
- Able to communicate design ideas to clients and team members through sketching.