Centreline Design is looking for a Junior Product Designer to join our friendly, multidisciplinary team to work on a diverse range of projects, from conceptual consumer products to engineering medical devices, through to graphic design and packaging.
The successful applicant will be educated to degree level in Product Design and has experience working within a design team. An impressive portfolio is key, we will be looking for examples of sketching, concept work, advanced 3D modelling, engineering, 3D visualisation and graphic design.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Research, design, develop and engineer products over a range of product disciplines.
- Work on both individual and team projects.
- Work within defined deadlines.
- Liaise with manufacturers.
- Liaise with clients throughout the design process.
Key skills and experience
- Qualified to degree level 1st or 2:1 in Product Design.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- 3D modelling skills a must (Solidworks preferred).
- Good visual presentation skills.
- Understanding of design for manufacture.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Great organisation and attention to detail.
- Able to communicate design ideas to clients and team members through sketching.